This is my road to recovery...full of mountains to conquer and storms to face. Also the road to a healthier and fuller life, along with the discovery of the many phases of fitness. 2012 is all about moving on and living life better, fuller, and to the glory of God.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Fastest Workout (Introducing Tabata)
It is officially fall! Which pretty much means I am freezing 24/7. But it is so pretty outside! Perfect scenery for running (now if only I had gone).
No more excuses for me! I have to get back to working out and being the best version of me that I can be (hehe, that's so cute, it rhymes. . .oh the English Major still lives). I am 100% healthy again and missing my constant runs and ab workouts. . .with a few leg and arm days.
Honestly I haven't had a lot of time over the last week and a half to workout (I think I worked out a week ago last Wednesday) between work and school. And not running is driving me crazy! I was going to go to the gym tonight and run. . .but as I was looking for workout clothes, I remembered that the gym closed at 7pm on Saturdays and it was already 8:30pm. Darn!
So here you go, instead of running on my treadmill at almost 11pm at night (let's face it, the downstairs neighbors probably won't appreciate that), I am doing a Tabata workout! What is Tabata you ask? Well, Tabata is an intense interval workout, meant to be done at maximum effort because of its short, 4 minute duration. The intervals are 20 seconds of an exercise and 10 seconds of rest and you repeat this 8 times. Now you don't have to repeat the same exercise 8 times, in fact the best thing would be to choose 4 different exercises and turn in into a circuit that you repeat twice.
Tonight's Tabata Workout:
-Squat Thrusts (20 sec.)
-Rest (10 sec.)
-Mountain Climbers (20 sec.)
-Rest (10 sec.)
-High Knees (20 sec.)
-Rest (10 sec.)
-Jumping Jacks (20 sec.)
-Rest (10 sec.)
-REPEAT!
Remember, the point of this workout is to put everything you have into those 20 second intervals without holding back. The idea behind the Tabata method is that it starts a "fire" in your metabolism which lasts for several hours after your workout. In theory you are burning calories even after your workout in done.
So, no excuses! You have 4 minutes in your day to get your workout on! Let's do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment